PLM 7 Product Structure Management Developer Framework
The PLM 7 Product Structure Management (PSM) Developer Framework leverages our Developer Framework architecture. It encapsulates all business and user interface logic and offers an easy consumable approach for the PSM Business Object in SAP PLM 7.
Every SophisTex Developer Framework is delivered with detailed documentation and code snippets showcasing the correct consumption and necessary calls. It enables even unexperienced developers in the area of PLM Product Structure Management to read, change and operate on PSM data.
Service & support is available in accordance to our maintenance contracts.
SAP implementation projects usually require enhancements to the standard logic. This is valid for SAP PLM / PLM 7 as well as other functional solutions and modules. While the business requirement is clear prior to implementation, developers with the specific knowledge of the certain business functionality are hard to find.
Even experienced developers need a considerable time to learn about the specific interfaces, business objects, persistence and user interface functionality. Thus, every implementation project spends a considerable amount of time rather on educating the development staff, instead of developing the actual requirements.
Eventually the development staff is familiar with all interfaces and specifics. However, functionality still needs to be linked and consumed together to fulfill the project requirements. Another considerable amount of effort is spent on linking SAP standard functionality and creating service methods that provide the desired logical functionality.
The SophisTex Product Structure Management Framework does not only offer encapsulated standard functionality but also linked functionality with lots of logical enhancements, everything ready-to-consume in no time.
The following functionality based on the SAP PLM Product Structure Management (PSM/PVS/iPPE) objects is included in the SophisTex PSM Developer Framework:
- Supports the generic customizing driven approach of SAP Product Structure Management with all objects (Nodes, Variants, Relations, Alternatives)
- Read basic data of PSM objects
- Maintain basic data of PSM objects
- Read and maintain Classification data (characteristics & classes)
- Read and maintain Document links
- Create Product Structures over all PSM object levels step by step based on rules and conditions. Acts as precondition for a lean product structure creation based on a UI Wizard (available with SophisTex PSM+ Functional solution)
- Explode Product Structures in different flavors over all levels with simple conditions
- Service functions working with Product Structures (e.g. filter explosion results)
- Compare two Product Structures and retrieve similar and different items
- Sophisticated buffer mechanism for best performance results