PLM 7 Bill of Material Framework
The PLM 7 Bill of Material Developer Framework leverages our Developer Framework architecture. It encapsulates all business and user interface logic and offers an easy consumable approach for the Bill of Material Business Object in SAP PLM 7.
Every SophisTex Developer Framework is delivered with detailed documentation and code snippets showcasing the correct consumption and necessary calls. It enables even unexperienced developers in the area of PLM Material BoM to read, change and operate on MBoM data.
Service & support is available in accordance to our maintenance contracts.
SAP implementation projects usually require enhancements to the standard logic. This is valid for SAP PLM / PLM 7 as well as other functional solutions and modules. While the business requirement is clear prior to implementation, developers with the specific knowledge of the certain business functionality are hard to find.
Even experienced developers need a considerable time to learn about the specific interfaces, business objects, persistence and user interface functionality. Thus, every implementation project spends a considerable amount of time rather on educating the development staff, instead of developing the actual requirements.
Eventually the development staff is familiar with all interfaces and specifics. However, functionality still needs to be linked and consumed together to fulfill the project requirements. Another considerable amount of effort is spent on linking SAP standard functionality and creating service methods that provide the desired logical functionality.
The SophisTex Bill of Material Developer Frameworks does not only offer encapsulated standard functionality but also linked functionality with lots of logical enhancements, everything ready-to-consume in no time.
The following functionality based on the SAP PLM Bill of Material object is included in the SophisTex Material BoM Developer Framework:
- Integration of SAP Change Management
- Read Bill of Material basic data
- Maintain Bill of Material basic data
- Manage Bill of Material components (Bill of Material items)
- Read and maintain Classification data (characteristics & classes)
- Read and maintain Document links
- Service functions - clone Bill of Material from a historical state
- Create new Bill of Material variants based on existing Bill of Material
- Compare two Bill of Materials and retrieve similar and different items
- Exchange components in an existing Bill of Material or copy an existing Bill of Material
- Create a Bill of Material based on a SAP PSM Product Structure
- Simulate a Bill of Material creation and retrieve error/warning/success message for evaluation